You will be redirected to We use one sign-on for all our sites.

Welcome to Answers for Practical Shooting, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the practical shooting community.

Questions aren't limited to only Practiscore. Looking for advise on your next shot timer, what does it take to get a sponsorship, or what airline is easiest to travel on with guns. This is your place for practical shooting answers!

Practiscore has people dedicated to watching, and answering these questions.

0 votes
asked by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
It all depends on what 3-gun match your shooting but the normal divisions are.

Limited, or tactical Limited. Which is pistol, tube fed shotgun and rifle with non magnified Optics.

Tacops or tactical Optics is the same as limited except you add a magnified scope to your rifle.

Open division is usually a red dot pistol, A MAG fed or xrail shotgun and a rifle with magnified optic and a side mount Red Dot normally.

There are a few other divisions like heavy metal which is 45 caliber pistol and 308 rifle but the above divisions are kind of the standards.
answered by Practiscore Team member (9.3k points)